Let us first understand the meaning of ISO (International Organization of Standardization) in detail, and then we will speak of iso 9001:2015.
What is meant by ISO Certification?
An international organization is a non-governmental that finds out methods to ensure its quality and safety, and efficiency. It can be a product, system or service. ISO has the authority to certify that the products or services adopt all proper procedures and everything done with proper documentation. Also, they have to meet quality assurance.
ISO certifications are given in many industry fields, energy management and social responsibility and medical devices. Each Certification has different standards and is numerically categorized. Now, let us speak of ISO 9001:2015 in detail.
What is ISO 9001:2015?
The Certification ISO 9001:2015 includes three components i.e., ISO, 9001 and 2015. Here are some of the information about ISO 9001 and ISO 2015, which are mentioned:
- ISO 9001 – The number is appearing after ISO classifies the standard. All standards in ISO 9001 refers to quality management. The product/service should go through stringent quality checking and confirming to many management principles. A company or service has to become careful in ascertaining that the products are of high quality and can get customer satisfaction to get ISO certification.
- ISO 2015 – ISO 2015 certification indicates the standard of the version met and represented by the calendar year those launched. In September 2015. the fifth edition of ISO 9001 was launched.
What are the benefits of ISO 9001:2015 to any business?
There are some benefits which are very important and the following benefits are mentioned below:
- It is suitable for both small and large organizations.
- Better internal management
- Less wastage
- Increase in efficiency, productivity and profit
- It has improved customer retention and acquisition.
- Consistent outcomes are measured and monitored.
- It is a globally recognized standard…etc.
As one can see, there are benefits of being iso 9001:2015 certified but getting the Certification is not easy, and there are some costs associated with it. There are two kinds of costs related to this Certification. One of them is the costs for Certification itself, and the other is getting ready for it.